Social Value Policy 2020 – 2021
This policy statement summarises Border Archaeology’s commitment to ‘social value’, that being in essence our positive impact in the wider community in addition to the services that we provide as a business.
Our policy can be summarised under three key areas and Border Archaeology is committed to:
- Engaging with local communities on projects that have garnered interest in the area
- Working with schools and educational providers to offer opportunities to learn more about local archaeology and the historical area
- Using resources as efficiently as possible and being mindful of how best to maximise value and reduce waste
- Operating an ISO 14001 environmental management system
Local Business & Economy
- Procuring machinery, goods and services locally where possible
- Supporting micro-sized and small businesses to enable their growth and developmentThis policy will be reviewed on an annual basis and updated accordingly.